Thursday 18 April 2013

At The Back - A LAMMY Nominated Blog

I started writing about films early last year and have since written close to 500 film reviews. Although I started writing as a means of expressing my opinions about the films I saw, I soon joined with The Large Association of Movie Blogs, known commonly as The LAMB. Through The LAMB I've found some excellent blogs, writers and tweeters who have entertained me, helped me to expand my film knowledge and discover hidden gems while also helping me to promote my blog through tweets, the LAMB Forums and a number of the regular features the site runs.

A yearly feature of The Lamb are The LAMMYs, which must surely be the largest Awards Competition for online film criticism in the world. The awards encompass many areas of blogging from design, writing, knowledge, blogathons and even reach as far as podcasting. One of the categories is for the Best New LAMB, open to any blog which joined the Association in the last twelve months. I got home from work yesterday afternoon to discover that my little film blog had been nominated along with nine others in the Best New LAMB category.

I was shocked by this nomination as around 300 blogs were eligible for this award. I'm also extremely grateful to anyone who nominated me and would also like to extend a special thanks to anyone who has read, enjoyed or shared this blog in the last fifteen months. The views and comments I get make the hours it takes to write more one review a day worth the time and effort.

I'd also like to wish good luck to all my fellow nominees. I've stopped by each of the other nominees blogs in the past and I'm a regular reader of a few. It's a very strong category and I feel honoured to be included in it. Congratulations to the nominees in the other categories too.



A full list of nominees can be found here on the LAMB website and voting runs until April 30th 2013.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats! I have the pleasure of sharing a Best New Lamb nomination with you and wanted to wish the best of look. I'm new to your site but I really like what you're doing. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Best of luck to you too and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations sir! Best of luck in the final voting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. I don't think I'll win it as my blog isn't as well known as some of the others but I'm thrilled with the nomination.

      Delete
  3. Big congrats on the nomination! Your site rocks, and your nom is well deserved. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and many congratulations on your 5 noms!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, I wish I could have voted for more than 1 site, you've pulled off an impressive year and I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the nomination Tom, you deserved more in my opinion. Always next year. Good luck dude! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Maybe next year. There's a lot of great blogs out there.

      Delete
  6. WOOTSAUCE WOOT WOOT. Congrats on your nominee Tom. Wishing you the best of luck this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats . Yours is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete